Givens Performing Arts Center collaborates with academic and non-academic departments, as well as community partners to curate and advocate for the arts on campus and the surrounding community. However, none of this would be possible without the support of our volunteers.
Volunteers are the first point of contact for patrons upon their arrival at every performance. Volunteers handle many of the logistical tasks that allow our events to operate smoothly, while also serving as a resource for patrons. Before events, the Special Events Coordinator will assign each volunteer a specific task. Whether greeting incoming patrons, taking tickets, handing out show bills, or assisting guests in finding their seats, our volunteers are an integral part of the GPAC experience.
Volunteers should have an interest in the performing arts, have excellent customer service skills, be prepared to commit to one full season of volunteering, and be willing and able to work as part of a great team of other volunteers, students, and staff members. Community volunteers must be 17 years of age or older.
Volunteer Responsibilities May Include:
- Greeting and guiding patrons as they arrive to GPAC
- Scanning and reading tickets
- Directing patrons to their seats
- Distributing show bills and programs
- Greeting and guiding patrons attending the Act 1 Diner Events
- Selling concessions as needed
- Directing any safety concerns and/or problems to GPAC front of house staff
- Other duties are assigned
- Hands-on experience working at a premier performing arts venue
- A chance to meet patrons and students at UNCP who also love and support the arts
- The opportunity to see performances when working a shift, for free
- Volunteer appreciation events to celebrate your time and commitment
Click here to apply to be a volunteer
Please contact Paula Cummings, Special Events Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org or 910-522-5717 with any questions